Creamy Coconut and Almond Curry (Vegan)
If you find yourself craving a big bowl of curry, but you don’t want to set your mouth on fire or stink up your whole apartment and clothes for the better part of a week. Make this.
2 T coconut oil
1 eggplant, peeled and chopped (medium dice)
1 onion, sliced
1 carrot, shredded
3 zucchini, chopped (half moons)
1 C almonds
1 13.5 oz. can of coconut milk
½ C water
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt the coconut oil in a big pot. Add the onion and eggplant. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
2. Add the carrot, zucchini, almonds, coconut milk, and water with another pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and let cook for 20 minutes.
3. Break up the Golden Curry and add it to the pot. Stir until it’s completely incorporated and you have a thick, creamy curry.
4. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed
5. Serve over noodles or rice (or don’t if you’re a carb-o-phobe)